Wednesday, July 20, 2011

From PA to Bridal Assistant


"Sarah, will you be the PA for my wedding?"

"Sure, Erica! I will be your PA...wait, what is a PA?"

My college roommate went on to explain that "PA" is short for Personal Assistant.  I soon found out my role as a PA would be to take care of the Bride on her wedding day.  Erica assured me I was perfect for the job because I was so organized and a control freak!

The beautiful bride, Erica, with her PA


These were my initial thoughts... "Sure, Erica, just tell me that you did not have any room for another bridesmaid so you made up this position to squeeze me into your wedding!" and "So, while all our other friends get to buy a new dress, get pampered, and stand up with you during the wedding, I get to do all the dirty work?!"

Yes, I even helped her in this department!

I did get to do all the "dirty work"- and I loved it!  Looking back, I am so glad Erica asked me to be her PA.  She was exactly right- I loved organizing the wedding and letting out the control freak from within!  No, I wasn't a bridesmaid, but everyone was asking for MY help!  I enjoyed being a PA so much that I have decided to start my own business as a Bridal Assistant. 

And, that is the very beginning- how this was all started.  I can't thank Erica enough for getting me started.  So, here I go from Personal Assistant to Bridal Assistant...I am here for YOU!  It's YOUR day, and I want it to go YOUR way.

No comments:

Post a Comment